If you’re reading this then well done for sticking with us. Are you feeling the benefits yet or struggling a little? Please feel free to share your experiences as I’m sure whatever stage you’re in with it there will be others there with you.
Day Ten (Wednesday):
1. Out with gluten, processed sugars, sweeteners, alcohol and fizzy drinks
2. Meditate for 10 mins a day (do a guided meditation if you’re new to this)
3. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day
4. Do 20 seconds of planking
5. Pick another drawer or cupboard to de-clutter, use the natural vinegar solution (mentioned in day two) as a cleaner rather than any toxic chemicals.
6. Note 20 things you are grateful for in your gratitude pad.
7. Increase the amount of steps or length of time you walk today by 5% from the previous day’s total.
8. Take a daily probiotic
9. Eat 7 fruit or vegetables a day (preferably raw for optimum nutrition)
10. Make sure you have breakfast within a hour of getting up and don’t skip meals, make sure to eat something (if only something little) every 3-4hrs.
11. Reduce your caffeine intake by 50%, or replace it with green tea.
12. Watch at least one inspirational or motivational video each day.
13. Have at least one smoothie or a juice every day (the choice is yours which one), but make sure it has some veggies in as well as fruit.
14. Where possible try having sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes (they make yummy wedges and jackets).
15. Try introducing fermented foods into your diet. These are extremely high in friendly bacteria and yeast, so they help keep the bad ones at bay and balance the health and effectiveness of the digestive system. Fermented foods and drinks include kefir, kombucha, unpasteurised sauerkraut and other unpasteurised pickles and/or veggies.
16. Get off the bus a stop early or park your car at the wrong side of the car-park to your destination. This way you won’t really notice the increase in exercise each day.
New for Day Ten:
17. Replace unhealthy transfat cooking oils with coconut oil. Coconut oil is one of the few fats that keeps it’s nutritional content and goodness when heated. For a list of all the things coconut oil is good for please check out my blog, the Wonders of Coconut Oil: https://livingalifelesstoxic.com/2013/12/13/the-wonders-of-coconut-oil/
18. Introduce a 10 minute yoga, pilates, tai-chi or Qi Gong routine to three days of your week. You can watch or download these from places like YouTube. They help strengthen your inner core, tone muscles and reduce stress and anxiety.
That’s it for Day Ten!
If you have any questions just post them below.
Have a GREAT Wednesday everyone!