As a lot of raw recipes can call for lots of prep, lots of ingredients and lots of equipment I like to collect and try out raw recipes that are simple, easy and don’t call for tons of ingredients or lots of kitchen gadgets and here is one of my favourite raw dessert recipes.
Gluten Free, Raw, Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe:
¼ Cup of desiccated coconut
2 Cups of chopped pecans
8 – 10 dates (soaked for a min of 1 hour)
1. Add all the base ingredients to a food processor and process down.
2. Put base ingredients into a cake tin and pat down well.
3 Cups of soaked (for at least an hour) cashews
½ Cup of lemon juice
½ Cup of agave nectar (or maple syrup)
½ Cup of melted coconut oil
¼ tsp of vanilla extract
2 Cups of chopped strawberries
1. Put all the ingredients for the filling apart from the coconut oil into a blender and blitz well.
2. Add the coconut oil and give it another quick blitz.
3. Pour filling mixture on top of the base mixture.
4. Add 2 cups of chopped strawberries to the top of the mixture.
5. Add the other cup of strawberries to the blender and blend ever so slightly (so some of the lumps still remain but there is also some juice).
6. Pour remaining juice over the cheesecake.
7. Leave to set for at least 2 hours.
Here are some other raw cheesecake recipes you might like:
The Rawtarian, Raw Cheesecake Recipe: Click here.
Kris Carr, Blueberry Cheesecake: Click here.
Savvy Vegetarian, Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake: Click here.
Tales of the kitchen, Plum, poppy Seed and Hazelnut Cheesecake: Click here.
Or the Raw Vegan Power website has a lovely selection of raw desserts, click here.