The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
- It helps balance the pH level of your body, helping you become less acidic and more alkaline
- Helps with the treatment of stings, bites, sunburn, warts, skin tags and verrucas
- Great for the health of your hair and works wonders as a hair shampoo
- Helps promote weight loss
- It helps balance the flora of the gut/digestive system
- It can be used as an all-round cleaner throughout the home
- Helps whiten teeth and freshen breath
- Helps balance blood sugar and blood pressure levels
- Helps with ingestion, heartburn, hiccups and sore throats
- It helps mask animals, from fleas and ticks, so is great used as a dog shampoo or a little added to their drinking water
I’ve never understood why apple cider vinegar is so expensive to buy, when it’s so cheap and easy to make! And here’s how:
- 6-10 organic apples (whole or scraps of)
- 1 large bowl
- 1 glass jar
- 1 piece of muslin
- Elastic band
- Rinse apples/scraps and cut into large chunks.
- Put the apples in the bowl and cover with the muslin and allow to go brown.
- Add apples to the jar and cover with water.
- Cover the jar with the cheesecloth and leave in a dark place for 2-4 months (short time for scraps and longer for chunks of apple from whole apples).
- Strain the apples pieces and any scum from the liquid and bottle in an airtight container and use as and when required.
Apple cider vinegar is great in salad dressings and raw food recipes.
Here are some relevant links you might enjoy:
Refinery29, How to Actually Enjoy Apple Cider Vinegar, click here.
Vegetarian Times, Apple Cider Vinegar, click here.
Cook for Food, Homemade Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, click here.
Gerson Institute, 8 Amazing Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar, click here.