1 cup pecans or macadamia nuts
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup dates (pressed down)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
¼ tsp of Himalayan salt
Lemon Cheesecake layer
2 cups cashews (soaked for 2-4 hours and then drained)
3/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbs lemon zest (are unwaxed, organic lemons)
¼ cup of algave nectar or maple syrup
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 cup cashews (soaked for 2-4 hours and then drained)
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup coconut oil
¼ of algave nectar or maple syrup
½ cup of fresh blueberries to serve
- Put all ingredients for the crust except for the dates in a food processor and blend until the ingredients are all crumbly.
- Now add the dates and blend well.
- Press into the mixture into the bottom of a cake tin and place in the freezer whilst preparing the other layers.
- Wash out the blender and then place all the lemon layer ingredients into your food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- Pour the lemon layer ingredients over the crust layer in your freezer and then place in the freezer until the next layer is ready.
- Wash out the blender again and place all ingredients for the blueberry layer into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blueberry layer on top of the lemon layer, add the remaining blueberries and pat down slightly and return to the freezer for a couple more hours.
- Place in the fridge for an hour or so before serving to soften enough to cut.
Note: If you want a small cake use a small cup throughout, if you want a larger cake use a larger cup. Don’t worry about exact measurements with recipes like this as they always taste delicious regardless.
Here’s some other raw cake recipes you might like:
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake, click here.
Double Chocolate Hemp Brownies, click here.
Thick Raw Lemon Bars, click here.
Raw Apple Pie, click here.
What’s your favourite raw cake or cake of any type for that matter?